Compass Calibration

I’m new at this.  I just built a HK S500 quad copter and I’m trying to install APM Mission Planner 2.017 to HK Pilot 2.7.  I no longer can find “APM GPS with external compass” in Initial Set Up so I used “APM with 3DR GPS/Compass”.  When I did “Live Calibration”  I rotated etc. as fast as I could but It indicated I did not get enough points and “Calibration Failed”  What did I do wrong and how can I fix it?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Download the latest beta, it's better http://firmware.diydrones.com/Tools/APMPlanner/beta/ (you can also enable these download by setting beta option in APM Planner 2.0 Config view)

For compass calibration speed is not the issue, just that you rotate the vehicle 360deg around each axis.

If you get not enough points, it normally means you haven't set it up correctly or it's not connected properly

If you have the GPS/Compass style puck it's the same as APM with 3DR GPS/Compass (the compass is upside i.e.. roll 180deg), if it's a separate compass it depends in it's orientation.

PS: this is not a SOLO, so this is the wrong discussion area!

• Thanks.  Where does this post belong, or doesn't it belong on DYI Drones?

• Developer

Try this category http://diydrones.com/forum/categories/arducopter-3-x-multicopter for example.

You posted this question in a Group for owners of the 3DR Solo. I didn't imply that it was not supposed to be on DIY Drones ! ;-)

In anycase, and more importantly, did you solve your issue?

• I switched to the latest Beta and I rotated the copter on it's axis as I should have the first time and it indicated it calibrated OK.  I'm now in the rest of calibration and I haven't time to finish.  I will later.  I will also switch to the Arducopter Users Group for further posts.  (Your link didn't work.)  Again, thank you very much for your help.

This reply was deleted.