Solo drone and Mission Planner

Hi,
Once I download a mission on to my Solo Drone, how do I activate the mission once I'm ready to fly her? I own an Iris+ drone and it has a dedicated switch setting. The Solo doesn't.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the he feedback Ray... Have you tried tower on a solo drone? Regards, Scott
    • No, I'm still an iris+ guy.  But Tower should work similar, although I don't know how they implement those new modes like Cable in Tower for one bird and not another. So on solo you really can't get auto mode from the regular controller?  I assume Cable mode is?

• I own an Iris+ and got a solo a few weeks ago. Haven't had the solo in the air yet. I love the Iris. I send it on 5,000 meter missions all the time. Last week a prop gave out while on a mission. Some guy saw it crash, retrieved it, viewed the pics on the camera and figured out where I live. He returned the bird in pretty good shape. Just need a new arm and a set of props to get her back in shape.
      As for the solo, it's a love hate relationship. The drone is great looking and very well built. It's a bit heavy.. Would like it lighter for more flight times. Iris batteries $30.00. Solo batteries $130.00 painful....the controller looks nice but is missing a lot of the functions that the Iris controller has. The solo app lets you change settings but is very restrictive. The solo is for folks that want to take pictures of themselves. The Iris is for flying and missions. They say that you can fly missions on the solo but they make it very hard to do so. I Like mission planner on a windows based full size computer. Not wild about tower on a small tablet. Last, solo is made to be simple with very little options. IMHO the Iris has a lot more options and is lots more fun.
      Have you figured out how to set your Iris controller to show things like battery percent. Of power left, flight speed, distance away from controller, height from the ground? Great features. If interested on how to set it up e-mail me and I'll walk you through the the set up. sh3750@aol.com. Regards...
    • 3D Robotics

All the mission planning software you use with IRIS+ works with Solo, too. For the desktop, I use APM Planner on a Mac, but Mission Planner on PC also works. Just select UDP connection once you've connected to Solo over wifi. 

Solo has all the autonomy functionality of IRIS+, with the addition of steaming digital video, the onboard Linux computer for running Dronekit apps and built-in long distance wifi for easy connectivity to mobile devices

• Thanks Chris,
      I'm with you so far but how do you activate the mission to fly the drone that is loaded from a windows computer? There is no button or switch on the solo transmitter like the Auto switch on the Iris transmitter. Regards, Scott
    • 3D Robotics

You can also assign the "A" and "B" buttons on the Solo controller to any mode, including Auto

• 3D Robotics

Scott, you can switch to any mode, including Auto, using the Actions tab (bottom left box on the main screen):

3702946312?profile=original

• Yes, I have the telemetry set to show those parameters on the controller.  I use the flight battery voltage to determine when to end my flights.  I also typically run Tower on my Samsung Galaxy whilst flying and that verbally reports all sorts of stuff like flight mode, battery %, etc.  Too bad Solo seems to be so restrictive.  The deal breaker on it for me is those proprietary $130 batteries.  Yikes.

This reply was deleted.