No maps showing in tower

Went to fly my 3dr x8 tonite and could not get any maps to load. everything els worked, just blank screen showing my home point and the arrow for the ship. When I switched to droid planner I could see maps. Is something not clicked in my tower software? 

thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Richard..I had a bald moment and had the box selected..now everything is good.

• Do you guys have the box checked for using offline maps in the settings? Once I loaded the maps once it worked fine after that wether I was connected to wifi / data or not. Funny I had quirky issue with DP with that but so far not with Tower. Go figure. 

• Hi

Having a similar problem. I use a Nexus 7 pad. (What is yours?) I can get maps when I am home but as soon as I go a few miles away to fly (out of wi-fi) I get no maps. I tried downloading Google maps after Googling how to do this but it still didn't work. Sorry I don't have an answer but maybe one will pop up in this discussion. I wish I could find decent documentation or a user manual for Tower.

Good luck.

Mike

• Go to settings/user interface/map provider preferences/use offline maps and make sure the radio button is un checked. Im on a nexus 6..works fine for tower.

This reply was deleted.