"Additional Waypoints" creates excessive number!

Hi,I've started testing UGCS and it looks great.But I have a problem with the Photogrammetry tool.I need to use "Additional Waypoints" to follow the terrain.But this gives a huge number of waypoints... about 4 times as many as the Phantom 3 autopilot can handle (99 maximum).Looking at the terrain, I can see that we don't need this many waypoints.Even just 80 waypoints would be perfect for following the terrain.It seems to be an all-or-nothing situation: Either we have too few waypoints to follow the terrain properly, or we turn on "Additional Waypoints" and we get too many.I think we should be able to control the "density" of the waypoints. So for example, I might choose 80. That would be perfect for following the terrain.Am I missing something?Can someone suggest a workaround?Thanks!Richard

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, in nearest version (UgCS 2.10) - no. I agree that it can be quite useful feature, but it's implementation is very drone specific and requires lot of computations and testing.

• Quick question:
    Are you planning to allow the option for "AGL tolerance" in the photogrammetry tool?
  • Thanks Alexey, I will try your suggestion.
  • Hi Richard,

If you use "Additional waypoints" in Photogrammetry tool it will generate waypoints for each shot regardless of terrain.
    For your scenario as workaround I can recommend you to use AreaScan tool. It allows to specify AGL tolerance - maximum altitude deviation for your flight. Playing with this attribute you can vary number of generated waypoints.
    Only drawback - for AreaScan you will need to specify distance between legs, altitude and distance between shots manually.

This reply was deleted.