Hello,

I am just begining using ugcs and I can't dowload the map from google or srtm4 (I tried changing everything in the map layer windows). So I just have black tiles...
I am currently working in China, and I tried with or without vpn but without any success...
Any recommendation ?

Btw, if it's possible to upload our own map that would be great too :)

Thanks for the help,

Hugo

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hugo, I'm very sorry for not answering in time. I was in business trip, my colleagues are under pressure with UgCS 2.10.

How were your flights in mountains? 

• Thanks a lot! I tried the software this week end with a phantom 4! It worked really well, your software is really great for me because I am working in mountain, much safer to do mapping thanks to you)).

Okay I still have a couple of problems… I am leaving tomorrow to do mapping in the Chinese mountain without internet, so I better be ready^^.

First about the phantom 4. I tried to change the battery during the mission: pause the mission on the phone + made the drone fly home thanks to the app. But then I couldn’t resume the mission, I had to reload the mission to the drone via my pc, and the drone started the mission from the beginning… I guess I missed a step, but which one?

Also, I will buy the one version this afternoon because I have to do a map of 7km² (and without it even the computation of the flight plan doesn’t seem possible… is that right? I tried calculating the path with the option “allow partial calculation” but the software tell me that the path is too complicated…).

The map seems to have been saved in the cache without problem (“Terrain catching operation completed successfully”). But I would like to find this cache to make a backup in case of problem in the mountain. I followed the user manual p60. But in the db files (in geoserver and server folder) there is no file HeightmapTiles_Cache, and I am using windows. Did you change the name of this folder in the new versions of the software?

Okay, I think once those problems are fixed I am mostly good to go^^ (well then I will have to manage to fly the phantom 4 by -30°C, but that’s another problem;))

Thanks a lot for your help !

Alexey Dobrovolskiy said:

Hi,

please try to change map source to Bing or Open Street Map and tell me what you will see.

You can use your own map and DEM data but only in Pro version.

• Hi,

please try to change map source to Bing or Open Street Map and tell me what you will see.

You can use your own map and DEM data but only in Pro version.

This reply was deleted.