Multiple Emulated Drones

I'd like to fly more than one emulated drone simultaneously. The website says that I can fly "unlimited multi-drones", which I would like to think includes emulated ones (as they are important to avoid later collisions between multiple drones in the real-world!).

The manual says that additional vehicles will be detected automatically, and I have tried various combinations of modifying the config files for the vsm, emulator and service-manager to try and start an additional process to create and access an additional emulator instance, but nothing has worked. Is this possible, and if so, what do I need to do?

I can run on Windows or Ubuntu (but headless-only on Ubuntu, no GUI client, just the server-side UCS).

I will upgrade to a more functional version of UgCS if necessary, though it would be nice for users to be able to fly with multiple emulators to hone their skills.

Thanks,

Stevod

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Alexey,

I don't have a screenshot of the error now. I replaced the file with the one you attached.

I'm using 2.11.150

Even with the new emulator properties file, with 50 drones defined, I'm able to add only 1 copter and 1 plane.

I'm using the Open version as of now. Is there a restriction in that version? I would think that is not the case.

• Hi,

could you post text of error message, screenshot, etc?

What version of UgCS do you use?

• Hi Alexey,

I'm trying to do the same task. At this point, I'm able to add only one EMU copter and 1 plane.

I tried making changes to my EMU properties file.

But UGCS gives me an error now when I try to start.

I even tried replacing the file with the one you attached in this thread.

Can you give me some directions on how to fix this? 

Thank you,

• And please note that they are from my home Windows computer, you may need to correct these parameters in vsm-emulator.conf

log.file_path=C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Local/UGCS/logs\\vsm-emulator\\vsm-emulator.log
    vehicle.emulator.mission_dump_path=C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Local/UGCS/logs\\vsm-emulator\\mission\\dump

• Hi Stevod,

I'm very sorry, I attached config files for UgCS 2.12 which is under development

For UgCS 2.11 please use attached files

emulator.properties

vsm-emulator.conf

• service manager log attached.

service-manager.log

• Thanks Alexey. I have saved your files to the relevant directories, and restarted, but UGCS won't load the vehicles correctly - see attached screenshot. I have reinstalled from scratch, including deleting User and App Data on Win 10, but the problem persists.

I have attached the relevant log files. Any idea what is going on? The vsm-emulator.log file is empty

Thanks,

Stevod 

3702390841?profile=original

ucs.log

emulator.log

• .. this will work even with UgCS Open.

• Hi, you need to modify 2 files

- emulator.propertiers (located in UgCS\server\emulator of UgCS installation directory) 

- vsm-emulator.conf (located in UgCS\bin)

I attached samples of files for 50 copters. We use them for Drone Dance Controller tests.

Do not forget to restart UgCS after config files modification.

emulator.properties

vsm-emulator.conf

This reply was deleted.