Route not accepted

Hi,

I tried to do my first test flight with UGCS.

I'm using a Phantom 3.

I have a good WiFi connection between the MacBook Pro and the Acer tablet on the RC.

I get all the telemtry from the Phantom, like battery level and pitch/roll attitude.

After using the Photogrammetry tool and clicking "Calculate Path", I get a route that looks good: flight time is nice and low (6 minutes), and height should be no problem (only 75 metres).

When I click the "Upload route" button, I get an error:

"Route not accepted".

I don't know why this is happening.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Richard

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is screenshot of "UgCS for DJI" internal beta. Messages will be more readable.

3702277931?profile=original

• Thanks, this makes sense.
  • This is safety check in new DJI firmware for Phantom 3/4 & Inspire. And I think this is very wise precaution. Past week one of our customer had a crash in same situation - there were trees between actual take-off point and first waypoint. Unfortunately DJI A2 doesn't have same check...

We decided to implement same checks in UgCS in future versions.

Regarding your proposals - you are absolutely right, we already plan to do this.

• Thanks for your reply Alexey!

I checked the message on the Android.

The message says:

"Home location FAILED. Error! The location is valid it is within 30m of initial take-off location or current RC location as shown by RC GPS or mobile device GPS."

So I understand the problem now.

I'm using the Photogrammetry tool, and the first waypoint was too far.

So I will create a first waypoint that is close to the takeoff location.

But I am interested in the reason for having this 30m requirement??

By the way:

I had to take a photo to read the message on the Android because it flashes up too briefly.

It would be good if you could make it stay longer.

Or better still, make it appear on the PC/Mac in the messages window.

Just an idea.

Thanks!

Richard

• Hi,

error message with possible reason will be displayed on Android device screen in "UgCS for DJI" app.

Most possible reasons are:

- drone don't have GPS lock

- actual drone position is too far from first waypoint. As I remember maximum distance is 15 or 30 meters.

• P.S.

On the RC, I have made sure that the switch is in the "F" position.

This reply was deleted.