RTH instead of flying area mission

Hi all,

We are new to UgCS, trying to run an Area mission on the One version with a custom quad that is running Naza v2.

We've been trying to get it to fly an Area flight, and it seems to load, but when we hit "auto" the drone always comes back to the home point and tries to land   We've got an area and a #1 waypoint selected too. 
We also have been selecting the "DJI Wookong-M multicopter" which shows as a 6 rotor, even though we are flying a 4 rotor... is that an issue or ?
Thanks in advance for any tips or help!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, vehicle will appear in list after first connection and after that you can change profile for it.

• Excellent, thanks so much.

Will confirm mission is uploaded and use NazaM v2 as the profile.  Can't seem to find where to change the profile of the drone itself... it seems like it was added when I plugged in the transmitter to the USB.

Really appreciate your help!

• Charlie Browning said:

Or maybe I should use the Naza M V2 for the mission profile and leave the drone to what it defaulted to?

For route you should select Naza-M V2 profile. Otherwise UgCS will not have possibility to check your route. For example Naza-M V2 have limitation in 16 waypoints, WKM - 50 as I remember.

For same reason you should change profile for connected vehicle if UgCS can't detect it right.

Number of rotors on avatar doesn't have any practical sense. It's only picture for your screen..

• Yes, in bottom left corner of UgCS window you should see messages like these:

01:37:47 EMU-COPTER-17: Route "Untitled route (1)" successfully uploaded
    01:37:47 EMU-COPTER-17: Take-off point altitude changed (426.602 m AMSL)
    01:37:47 EMU-COPTER-17: Uploading route "Untitled route (1)"
    01:37:42 Route has been successfully processed.

Instead of EMU-COPTER-17 you should see name of your vehicle. 

When you press Auto you should see next sequence of messages:

01:42:24 EMU-COPTER-17: Auto Mode - Command succeeded
    01:42:24 EMU-COPTER-17: Auto Mode - Sending command

• Or maybe I should use the Naza M V2 for the mission profile and leave the drone to what it defaulted to?

• Thanks Alexey,

I did hit the "upload" button on the right, is there a way to confirm that it's uploaded?   Also, can you confirm that the drone can be flying when I upload and choose Auto?

Thanks, So our drone is a 4 rotor custom built and using Naza v2...  Should we use the "Naza v2" profile instead?  It doesn't mention any number of rotors.

Thanks so much!

• Hi Charlie,

It seems that you didn't uploaded mission to the drone.
    You need to press Upload button. Selected mission will be uploaded to current selected drone (in UgCS you can work with multiple missions and drones simultaneously).

Regarding profile - it's known issue. You can select right profile for your drone manually. Go to menu, vehicles, select your drone, press Edit, select right profile instead of "DJI Wookong-M multicopter".

This reply was deleted.