I'm considering how well UgCS can work with the following setup. Keep in mind this is in remote forested areas with no Cell coverage. Power is provided by portable generator.
- Electric Helicopter with Pixhawk and Ardupilot. RFD telemetry. DragonLink Control. Not sure about video.
- Phantom 3 Pro. Lightbridge Video, Telemetry, Control.
- Pilot with UgCS running on laptop to control Electric Helicopter and monitor P3P
- Another pilot with the P3P remote. Tablet running UgCS app connected to P3P by usb, and to laptop via wifi. Monitoring helicopter.
- Visual Observer with tablet running UgCS connected to telemetry through RFD radios. Not connected to Pilots because of distance from Base Network.
- Another Visual Observer with the same setup as above. VO's are used to extend the VLOS operations and are talking with pilots via handheld radios.
- High Power Router to keep Laptop and Tablet connected
Will this work? Are there further considerations I'm forgetting?