UTM Coordinates format?

Hi everyone,

I would kindly ask you if there is (or will be) a possibility for choosing between position formats?. At least to swith between geodetic (lat/long) and UTM coordinates?.

Maybe this is a stupid question and I already may choose, but I did'nt found the option.

Latitude and Longitude is the most common format for sea and air operations but the majority of topographical maps use the UTM grid (making everything easier). Yes altitude and longitude are always in the margins, but only in the margins (you need "large" rulers to use them).

While on the field, clients needing a map will be using (most of the time) topographical maps using UTM grids (after my experience).

Thank you in advance,

JuanMi

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks

• Juan,

Thank you. Got the idea. I'll add it as a feature request.

UgCS uses WGS84.   

BR,  

Alexei

UgCS Team 

• Dear Alexei,

Thank you so much for your quick answer. No, the idea is:

Whatever the map source, to be able to read/write the coordinates in UTM format.

For instance, reading the mouse coordinates on the lower left corner, or while creating a waypoint (wether dragging or manually entering coordinates), to be able to do it in UTM format.

BTW, what is the datum being used by UgCS?. Does it rely on the source map? WGS84?.

Thanks again,

Alexei Yankelevich said:

Dear Juan,

at present time, unfortunately, it is not possible to use UTM coordinates in UGCS. But could you please answer a couple of questions to make your use-case more clear for me:  

1. do you want to import UTM topographical map into UgCS and then plan in UgCS using lat/lon?

2. or, do you get flight plan for drone in UTM coordinates and need to enter this route in UgCS? 

BR,

Alexei

UgCS team

• Dear Juan,

at present time, unfortunately, it is not possible to use UTM coordinates in UGCS. But could you please answer a couple of questions to make your use-case more clear for me:  

1. do you want to import UTM topographical map into UgCS and then plan in UgCS using lat/lon?

2. or, do you get flight plan for drone in UTM coordinates and need to enter this route in UgCS? 

BR,

Alexei

UgCS team

This reply was deleted.