Wind setup & battery change

Hello everyone. Two questions: 

First: it's possible to set (during the planning of the mission) the wind speed? If so, how?

Second: Can I plan the mission for the drone (when the battery is low) returns to the home position and (after I changed the battery) the drone resume the last point where it had arrived? If so, how?
Thank You
Massimiliano

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks a lot Kristaps

• Hi, Massimiliano,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. No, unfortunately it is not possible to set the wind speed. The autopilot is responsible for stabilizing the drone and getting it to the coordinates sent by UgCS. Through UgCS you can set the desired flight speed. You can also see the ground speed in the telemetry window. For APM / Pixhawk equipped with an air speed sensor you can also see the air speed.

2. Usually it works like this - you make a mission and upload it to the drone. By default the first waypoint is uploaded as the starting point. When the drone is low on battery you can press "Return home" command from UgCS interface or do the same from the RC receiver. Then, after the drone returns home and lands, you change the battery and upload the same mission again (no need to create it again, obviously, just press the "upload button") and specify a desired starting point for the drone. If you want to avoid pressing "Return Home" manually, you can just set a failsafe action for the drone that when the battery level drops below a certain threshold it will initiate the "return home" command on it's own.
    Hope this answers your questions. If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
    Kristaps from UgCS

This reply was deleted.