Motor Got Ripped Out In Mid Flight

Hi

Maybe somebody can give me some advise please. I have the Talon with the extended wings and I must admit I have fallen in love with this Plane! It flies very stable and slow which is ideal for my Aerial Survey Mapping Projects.

This all ended this morning, when sending it on a Mission, the motor ripped the entire section off from the back of the Plane and needless to same, the Talon kissed Mother Earth! There goes my Love Life!

It was the standard Motor size that get supplied by the Company in China. Any ideas?

I am going to buy a new one and need some advise to cover the Body for some extra strength and better surface finish.

Regards

Michael

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I started using 'Shoe Glue' or E6000 glue as it's known by in the states. Another 3dR engineer suggested it. It seems to almost melt the foam together. 

I have seen two where the engine mount was very loose and I had to add a little glue to stiffen it up. There is a heck of a lot of stress on not much foam back there.

• Gary, the motor area is the last one I glue up, liberally, with UHU POR, before joining the two halves.

Being a pusher, with a well balanced prop, I don't see any issues with the design ?????

I have seen those loose mounts with ARTFs not a design thing a from the factory thing.

This reply was deleted.