Hi guys, let me introduce the final version of my 3D printed FPV racer. Since the last blog entry I made some further small modifications according to my experiences. All files can be downloaded from the project GrabCAD page.
Since there is still some CG issues because of the banked motors, I suggest to use 2-blade props on front and 3-blade props on back motors. Flight characteristics is excellent with this setup.
The final version is printed of Polymaker Polymax PLA, it has similar mechanical properties than ABS but can be printed without hazardous vapour exposition and also heated bed not required when BUILDTAK is used.
This is the parts list of my final build:
- BeeRotor ZoeFPV 1806 2900 KV motor + 4" props
- BeeRotor 20A ESC (or similar, max. dimension: 24x13x6 mm)
- BeeRotor F3 Flicht Controller (any FC can be used with 30x30 mm hole spacing, but maybe USB port will be covered by frame)
- BeeRotor PDB V2.0
- G-Top FGPMMOPA6B 10Hz GPS Module (for lost model finding through HOTT telemetry)
- 200 mW Aomway 5.8 GHz Video TX + antenna
- miniature transmitter RX (I use naked HOTT GR-12
- HS1177 camera
- Lipo battery - 1300 mA 4S 75C TATTU and Wellpower
- 12 mm of diameter, 5V buzzer
- led stripe
I used this printer setup for Polymax PLA:
- 3 layers all around (top/bottom and perimeter)
- 40% infill (3D honeycomb)
- 215 C print temperature
- 0,2mm layer height
- Manual Support
I wish you Happy New Year with plenty of succesful landings!!!
PS.: as always, use my design on your own risk!!!
If you think my work useful and would like to support the prototype building, you can donate by paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org) or any of the components listed above are wellcome.
A friend of mine asked me to do a variation with flat motors and 25 degrees camera angle.
I uploaded the STL files here.