- A new stable 3.2.3 release with 3 fixes for 3.2.2
- A new 3.3.0beta1 release with a lot more changes for wider testing
The 3.2.3 release is a minor update to 3.2.2 with 3 fixes:
- A fixed to relative altitude drift when on the ground before takeoff
- fixed TKOFF_THR_DELAY to be able to be up to 127 (for 12.7 seconds)
- fixed INS_PRODUCT_ID (it was being reported as zero)
The most important fix is for the altitude drift, which could cause a poor altitude reference if your GPS altitude drifted while disarmed. The bug showed up as a significant drift in the reported relative altitude on the ground station when the aircraft was disarmed with the EKF enabled. The root cause of the bug was a disconnect between the EKF origin and the planes origin for relative altitudes. It only happened when the GPS altitude varied significantly while disarmed.
Start of 3.3.0 beta releases
The 3.3.0beta1 release has a lot more changes in it. The largest of the changes are internal, such as performance improvements in the NuttX operating system on Pixhawk, but given the size of the changes we want as many test users as possible.
Changes in 3.3.0beta1 include:
- a new SerialManager library which gives much more flexible management of serial port assignment
- changed the default FS_LONG_TIMEOUT to 5 seconds
- raised default IMAX for roll/pitch to 3000
- lowered default L1 navigation period to 20
- new BRD_SBUS_OUT parameter to enable SBUS output on Pixhawk
- large improvements to the internals of PX4Firmware/PX4NuttX for better performance
- auto-formatting of microSD cards if they can't be mounted on boot (PX4/Pixhawk only)
- a new PWM based driver for the PulsedLight Lidar to avoid issues with the I2C interface
I'm expecting a lot more changes will go into the 3.3.0 release as we still have a lot of pending pull requests. I will be doing regular beta updates as new patches go in (once they are flight tested).