A new version of APM Planner 2.0 has been released (OSX build available now)
see http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Tools/APMPlanner/beta/ ;
- Updates to support new parameter names for ArduCopter 3.4-rc1/rc2
- Extended Tuning Screen Updates
- Basic Tuning Screen Updates
- Update to use new download sites. http://firmware.ardupilot.org ;
- Support for Rover 'Reverse' Mission item
- Graphing and Logging Updates (ArneW)
- Updated to use Qt5.6.1 for OSX deployment (only requires Qt5.4.2 if building on other platforms)
- Bug fixes
Downloads are available at http://ardupilot.org and automatically from the UI. (See AP2 Config View and select Beta updates)
Windows and Linux build coming soon...
Please report issues to http://discuss.ardupilot.org/c/ground-control-software/apm-planner-2-0
APM Planner 2.0 Devs
Excellent, I have been running it on Pi2B since more than a year.
There was an issue with the OSX version crashing on startup (missing dependencies). re-download and it is now fixed see apm_planner_2.0.23-rc4_osx.dmg
At this time, what's the functional difference between Mission Planner and APM Planner? Which should I use for basic Pixhawk use?
I am looking forward to the Linux build. That last version I tried to install was apm_planner_2.0.20_ubuntu_trusty64.deb and that failed over dependencies. The older 2.0.18 still works. I did see that this was a known issue caused by moving to a newer QT version and there was a suggestion to add a PPA.
Not really a problem because I very rarely use APM Planner and am only using it with APMs. Maybe I'll try again when I move to the newer Ubuntu LTS but that will not be any time soon.