[UPDATED to 2.0.7: we had a serious issue with serial connectivity and APM2.x and FTDI, it now fixed. All users that download 2.06 will be notified automatically of the new release]
APM Planner 2.0.7 has been released. This is the first official stable release of AP2, which is the cross-platform (Mac/Windows/Linux) ground station/setup utility for APM/Pixhawk-based UAVs. Here's a list of features
APM Planner 2.0.7 Release Notes
- Auto Update. new stable versions will be notified automatically.
- will add a feature to also add daily builds to this.
- Real time monitoring of telemetry information (Quick View & more detailed Status View)
- Real-time control of UAV
- Message view tat shows PreArm warning messages
- Primary Flight Display (HUD)
- Waypoint editing
- Saving and Loading waypoint files
- Map Vendor selection
- Full Configuration of APM:Plane and APM:Copter (APM:Rover is a work in progress)
- Reworked Battery Monitor setup where you can select known presets
- Parameter Download for known frame types
- Real-time plotting of MAV link telemetry values
- Dataflash Log analysis
- Value are plotted on a range that is scaled automatically
- Values can be group on in same range (up to 4 groups)
- Ranges can be set manually
- Allows access to the APM CLI Interface
- Used to download Dataflash logs (MAVLink downloading of logs coming soon)
- Option to convert logs to KML format for Goole Earth view.
- Google Maps shows only outlines at some zoom factors
- When switching between APM:Plane/APM:Copter/APM:Rover restart is required
- Multiple MAV support is not fully tested and is a work in progress
- Improve support for Google Maps
- Improvement of Waypoint editing to support specific APM waypoint types
- Automatic grid pattern generation
- Incorrect warning on windows install about installing Win C++ 2008 redistributables (just ignore, click OK)
Enjoy: and please report any issue you have, the next stable update is scheduled in about 2 weeks. We want this to be continuous improvement on that schedule.
Thanks AP2 Team.