Here a video of a full autonomous navigation in AUTO mode of the QRO (Quad Rotor Observer) with the firmware Arducopter v2.0.56a. The waypoints have been recorded in flight with the Switch on Ch7.
Successful tests of modes: ALT_HOLD, LOITER, AUTO, WP_SAVE, STABLE, SIMPLE.
The heading is locked with the help of a 3 axis magnetometer, the altitude is only locked by a barometric pressure (no sonar and no optical flow sensor).
- Ardupilot Mega (Atmega 2560 @16 MHz), 32 Mips
- Full 9DOF IMU,
- Built-in 16 MB Data Logger,
- Absolute pressure sensors (Bosh) for altitude,
- triple axis magnetometer HMC5843,
- 10Hz Mediatek GPS.
- firmware Arducopter V2.0.56a (JLN updated)
- Receiver: Turnigy 9X8C v2
- Transmitter: Turnigy 9x
- uBec 5V @ 5A Turnigy
- four brushless motors RC Timer BC-2836/11 (750 KV)
- two CW propellers 12 x 4.5
- two CCW propellers 12 x 4.5
- fours ESC 40A RC Timer speed controllers
- one Lipo battery 3S Turnigy Nano-Tech 2200 mAh
- Take Off Weight (TOW): 988 g without payload
- Flight time: about 10 min
more infos at:http://diydrones.com/profile/JeanLouisNaudin