Well my back ordered parts finally came in so I built up my last three PicPilot boards. I plan on keeping one of them so I'll have two to play around with. One is in my Tri Rotor and the other will be installed in the Easy Star clone I just received. Of the remaining two, I have one potentially sold leaving one up for grabs. If your interested the cost is $375.


Views: 959

Comment by David Channon on July 27, 2009 at 4:50am
I am interested. How do we move forward?
Comment by Mostly Procastinating on July 27, 2009 at 5:26am
I am really tempted.. could u sell / ship to the UK?
Comment by Greg Bate on July 27, 2009 at 10:57am
I am interested as well, can you let me know how to continue,


Comment by Brian Wolfe on July 27, 2009 at 11:19am
Hey Guys,
I'm a little bit leery of shipping out of the country because of ITAR/export restrictions. Any experts on the subject?

Comment by Jack Crossfire on July 27, 2009 at 4:06pm
Ship out of U Know Where without the paperwork & you're career is done. The paperwork will probably cost more than $375.
Comment by Jack Crossfire on July 27, 2009 at 4:09pm
Reduce the CPU power, make it ground based & U could make a lot of money.
Comment by Clarence Hanson on July 27, 2009 at 5:09pm
This thing looks pretty cool, good job
Comment by David Channon on July 27, 2009 at 6:37pm
I can understand your concern - obviously do what you feel is right.

I would argue it is not an issue as its a dev board - meaning it is not a completed system for military purposes or space purposes. The information is widely available on the internet (meaning you have published the design). In addition, I have purchased a number of boards from US organisations for experimentation usage or control usage with no question. Sparkfun will sell similar boards overseas (maybe restricted to friendly nations but I have not noticed any restriction). The parts can be obtained. I have read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Traffic_in_Arms_Regulations and it has a section that Australia (me) and the UK does have exemptions and treaties in place. Obviously, your call.
Comment by Greg Bate on July 27, 2009 at 10:21pm
Yeah, I have ordered a lot of gear from the US and around (I am in Canada). I haven't had any problems. Thats a fantastic board I would love to program on it.

Comment by Mostly Procastinating on July 28, 2009 at 1:38am
I had wondered if it would be ok to ship it as a unproggrammed development board much like sparkfun sell Bill Premani's board that David Mentioned.

Obviously you have to be comfortable with the ITAR regulations etc...



You need to be a member of DIY Drones to add comments!

Join DIY Drones

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service