Today I had notification that there will be some new features coming in a firmware update for the DJI Wookong WKM, the latest V5.10 will be out in the next few weeks and sees some interesting additions, email from DJI:
Details of WKM new firmware 5.10
- Enhance wind-resistance when hovering.
- Increase gimbal servo output response time and angle.
- Gimbal pitch stability while X3 is for stick monitor or switch go-home.
- PPM Receiver Supported.
- Multi Gimbal Servo Output Frequency Supported.
- Add Point Of Interest (POI) Function in IOC.
- Add Intelligent Go-Home and Altitude Go-Home Functions in Fail-Safe mode.
- Go home switch and user define go to home altitude.
It looks like the DJI team have addressed the slow gimbal reponse which was ok for stills photography but left the video users a little behind the pace, I hope that this will see the gibals now "snap" into action!
I'm not sure how they have improved the "wind-resistance" it was spot on every flight I have made, so we will have to wait and see what the WKM users think!
The biggest news here is the RTL at the flick of a switch with definded altitude, no more concerns about trees etc on the RTL, no more switching off that transmitter to "spoof" it to come home..... now who would do that :)
The new DJI OSD will be released in the near future which will allow the use of the Wookong M in First Person Flight mode!