To do that you'll need a couple of things:
- OTG (On The Go) USB cable (3€ in Amazon)
- A "rooted" Android terminal. I´ve used my Nexus 7. (Please google for how-to "root" an Android terminal).
I've got it working really quite straight forward:
- connect the 3DR Tx on the N7 (see video attached)
- select "USB" as "Telemetry Connection Tipe"
This is thanks to the great work done by Arthur Benemann on this software. It really worths. See this post.
Main performances work very well. Video attached shows main use tips.
Below some ideas for future updates and comments:
- next update suggestions:
- should have a parameter edition: this is a must. Very important
- edition of WP´s
- How to use offline maps?
Small bugs to correct:
- guided works well but altitude is not specified (lift to the infinite and beyond)
- Text to speech only works in some pages (not in all)
- Changiing from "flight data" page to "planning" page brakes the program.