First of all thanks for all the feedback .We have been busy improving the system and today I am pleased to announce the following:
- Support for Tlog, Log and Bin. We also unify the upload boxes into 1 but to do this we had to drop support for logs without GPS Week.
- Flight modes for Tlogs.
- Able to process logs without account. We felt that there are people who just want to process 1 log or try out the system without signing up. So we have implemented a public log upload ability at the front page.
- Auto scaling of data points according to flight time hence short flights will produce sensible graphs and long flights will have data trimmed.
- Battery information such as mAh, Average current with ability to summarised by modes.
Total mAh is important because actual flight time is not dependent on how much mAh that is stated on your battery pack but rather how much useable mAh there is. There are many reasons why useable mAh is way below rated mAh.
i) Your battery manufacturer lied on the rating
ii) You are drawing high Amps. Ratings are measured using discharge 1C.
iii) Battery is old
iv) Your personal rule for cut off voltage per cell is above 3.0v.
Looking at average Amps drawn together with Total Amps also allow you to quantify the improvement if you upgraded the battery.
We also introduce mAh/km information. We think this is important if you are planning to do straight line flights like drone delivery, mapping. What is important is how efficient your platform is. Ideally if you upgrade your motor/propeller/battery etc, your goal is to minimise mAh/km for the same payload. This is also similar to cars which use km/litres. It offers a baseline understanding of fuel efficiency between car models
- Flight details such as average speed, distance travelled summarised by flight modes. Most UAVs are switched on (manual mode) but not flying hence data for all modes might not be relevant. Filter to the mode that you want to understand.
- Error messages are now plotted on map and shown on log list page.
(Map shows throttle failsafe error, later deduced to be 2.4Ghz jamming in the area)
- Ability to download uploaded logs
- Ability to sort flights by date
- Improved UI and backend
Thats all for this update. The service is free at www.exmaps.com
. I hope you give it a try and let us know how to improve. Meanwhile, fly safe!