BatMon is a module that connects to you batteries to "smartify" them. BatMon reads the cell voltage, current and relays it to autopilot or the onboard computers. We made a quite a bit of improvements in the latest v3 devkit. The most important is the support for 3 different protocols :
- SMBUS(I2C based two wire protocol)
- CAN (CAN based differential two wire protocol)
- LIN (a robust single wire data communication protocol invented for automotive application)
SMBUS is currently supported in the stock firmware. We have added support for Ardupilot, Pixhawk and Raspberry Pi (ROS) environment.
The features of Batmon are:
- Inbuilt Coulomb counting for accurate power draw (and State-Of-Charge) for the pack
- Accurate monitoring of individual cell voltage ( precise to 50mV )
- Onboard temperature monitoring + extra optional temperature probes for accurate measurement of battery temperature in harsh weather.
- Stock firmware connects to Pixhawk, Ardupilot, Raspberry Pi (ROS)
- Onboard cell balancing
- Switchable low-power LED indicators display for convenient display of battery SOC
- Optional OLED display and warning buzzer
- Optional safety cutoff FET
The first batch of boards are available for pre-order till Oct 31 here: https://rotoye.com/batmon/