I would like to inform everyone that a flight control engineer/software developer position currently exists at Martin Aircraft Company.
Martin Aircraft is a small R&D company based in Christchurch, New Zealand which is currently in development of the Martin Jetpack. The Jetpack has been featured in the media all over the world, including being named in Time magazines “Top 50 Best Inventions of 2010”.
- A Bachelor of Engineering
- C/C++ programming experience
- Proven microcontroller and electronics experience
- Practical experience in control algorithm development and implementation (at the very least a thorough understanding of PID implementation/tuning)
- A thorough understanding of, and practical experience with autonomous UAV and/or fly-by-wire systems (inertial sensors, GPS, software, communications etc)
- Proficient with MATLAB
- Must be willing/able to relocate to Christchurch, New Zealand
Highly desirable but non essential qualities:
- GUI development experience (preferably using Qt)
- C# programming experience
- Some understanding of navigation algorithms (Kalman filtering etc)
- Experience with Simulink
- Proficient with Solidworks
- PCB design experience
- Some knowledge of ducted fan and basic flight dynamics
The successful applicant will effectively be my replacement as I am leaving to begin a PhD in March.
Applicants from outside of Australasia are invited to apply but will be subject to immigration/work permit rules and regulations.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, otherwise email your CV and expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks Dan. That makes this incredibly ironic, check out the author: