This is an amazing price for a very capable multicopter flight controller board with GPS: just $65!
The MultiWii team has been using the ArduCopter code to add navigation elements to what used to be just an RC controller (the board is based on the same Atmega2560 processor as APM). This looks like a great opportunity to see how well it works. Ordered!
It looks like the main differences between this board and APM 2.5 (aside from size, connectors and enclosure) are:
- No secondary processor for RC interface/failsafe
- Older sensors (more like the ones used in the original APM 1.0)
- No datalogging
Still, an amazing price and great way to get started with the MultiWii software.
From the product listing:
The MultiWii PRO is a gyro/accelerometer based flight controller that is loaded with features. This version of the MultiWii supports direct connection of a GPS module (package includes MTK 3329 GPS module) allowing for ultra-precise positioning functionality. With expandability options and full programmability, this device can control just about any type of aircraft. This is the ideal flight controller for your multi-rotor aircraft.
• SMD component design with Atmega2560
• ITG3205 Triple Axis Gyro
• BMA180 Accelerometer
• BMP085 Barometer
• HMC5883L Magnetometer
• Servo output for camera pitch and roll control
• Supports direct connection of GPS module (MTK 3329 GPS module included)
• On-board USB connection for programming
(MTK 3329 GPS Module)
• Based on MediaTek Single Chip Architecture.
• L1 Frequency, C/A code, 66 channels
• High Sensitivity, Up to -165dBm tracking, providing superior urban performance
• DGPS(WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS) support (optional by firmware)
• USB/UART Interface
• Supports AGPS function (Offline mode: EPO valid up to 14 days)