Due to popular request, this post features a video of the multicolor led in action, and a second video how to single-handedly unplug DF13 connectors.
This tutorial page again summarizes how to unplug and shows an alternative strategy in slow-motion that does not require pulling on the wires. We hope that these videos illustrate well that users do not need to be afraid of higher-density connectors.
We would be very interested in feedback on the multicolor led. There are a few considerations to add:
- We know the DJI pattern, and believe it is too complex. We would be looking for something simpler
- It would be beneficial to limit the number of blink patterns and colors to a minimum
- It will be impossible to map all system states, so the core and important points need to be prioritized and indicated
We are looking for feedback in particular on these aspects:
- What are the system properties you would like to see visualized (arming status, low battery, gps lock, mode, etc)
- What do you consider suitable blinking patterns and how many different ones? (e.g. breathe, steady on, fast blink)
- How should patterns and colors be assigned to things to show? (e.g. one breathe for disarmed, steady on for armed and color for something else? Or yellow disarmed, green armed and pattern for something else?)
- Any other ideas / considerations?
We will not be able to suit everybody's needs. But we want to hear from the community what matters and see if we can pick up some new good ideas to get this 'right'. We're looking forward to lots of feedback (and opinions).