This video illustrates a bit better why we believe the safety switch, buzzer and multicolor led help to greatly improve ground and air safety. The video just showcases a few new key safety features and is not a complete reference / mapping, as blink patterns might differ depending on the flight stack running and/or user settings. Some details:
- The safety pushbutton indicates safety on with a slow blink pulse and becomes solid when armed
- The main led shows the breathe pattern if disarmed and becomes solid when armed
- Arming is only possible after the safety has been disengaged. This is to prevent accidental arming via RC
- On arming, the buzzer first emits the arming tune, and then the props are slowly spun up to (a configurable) idle speed after a short delay. User tests show that users can disarm fast enough if having accidentally armed.
- There are two distinct low battery patterns for low and critically low battery. Since the buzzer is driven with 32V, it can be easily heard from a distance, so even when not looking at the GCS and battery voltage, there is now an intuitive warning, in time to land safely.
We believe that this will greatly help to improve situational awareness of the pilot and prevent a range of potential ground and air accidents.