Congrats to the Dronecode/PX4 team for a series of new releases.
The PX4 1.1 code is now out with these new features:
- Switch to CMake build system
- Significant improvements in the user model / interaction (requires QGroundControl v2.8.0 or newer, using a daily build is recommended)
- Full VTOL support for all three major VTOL design types enabled (Tailsitters, tiltrotors, plane + quad combination, all flight modes, still under heavy development)
- Rattitude mode for FPV racers: Combination of attitude and rate control
- Better altitude hold (significant improvements, but more improvements pending)
- Support for coaxial helicopters
- Full native SITL on Mac OS and Linux: http://dev.px4.io/simulation-sitl.html
- Snapdragon Flight support (there is a next-generation version currently being worked on)
- Autonomous takeoff and landing on runways for planes
- Full support for UAVCAN, including UAVCAN-enabled motor controllers and automatic Firmware upgrades via UAVCAN (if you connect an ESC to the system, it will always be auto-upgraded)
- New board architecture: FMUv4, with the Pixracer being the first board of the new generation:http://dev.px4.io/hardware-pixracer.html
And the QGroundControl GCS now supports Android (along with Mac OS, Windows and Linux as always). App to be distributed via Google Play soon.