I'm proud to present you a preview of "Rescue FC", an integrated safety system suitable for unmanned aerial vechles, developed by "Marcopter" and "MRN-Electronic".
The main features of "Rescue FC" are:
• Dual flight control system redundancy management
• Single or Dual RX systems for full redundancy
• Manual or automatic switchover between flight control units
• Integrated flight termination capabilities with automatic parachute management
• Flight control units can be different from each other, or identical (for example two "Pixhawk" with a different firmware version, "Pixhawk" as primary fcu and "DJI" as secondary or viceversa, the combinations are endless)
• SBUS/CPPM R/C compatibility
• Mavlink communication if available on flight control units
• System arming detection with PWM or Mavlink feedback for secure switch
• The flight termination function can be controlled with SBUS/CPPM channels, single or double PWM external signal, dry auxiliary contact
• Self diagnostic functions
• Double power supply channels from 7.4 to 50.4V to increase availability
• Simple and quick configuration with the integrated 0.96” OLED display. No external systems or PC are needed on the field
• Visual and sound alarm of the FC status
• Firmware upgradeable
Hardware for this tests:
• FCU-Primary: "VRBrain V5.1" with "Ardupilot:Copter V3.5.5"
• FCU-Secondary: "CC3D" with "LibrePilot V16.09 R777"
Soon more details, its price will amaze you!
Marco - "Marcopter"
(Ardupilot Dev Team)
Fantastic innovation Marco. How soon for more details prices, resellers etc. please?
i wish i can create a useful drone like that for my project
Good job! I made a similar project in 2014. Completed the project but did not release as a product. Can you share details about the board? Pictures may be.
It is modular because the outputs are in blocks of 4, so you can even get to 16 for example.
But on average 8, because in case of problems and switching it would be better to land.
How many channels from the 2 FC's are switched? A high value payload/mission were redundancy is important will have 8 motors plus auxiliary channels.
All the FC with SBUS or PPM input are supported.
Example: "Rescue FC" can be installed on a Heli with "Ardupilot", and as FCU-Secondary you can use any flybarless control unit like "Brain 2", "BeastX" or others for "manual recovery" your heli if the autopilot fail.
In a "Ardupilot:Plane" you can install a simple rx as secondary for manual recovery the aicraft.
The combinations are endless, if set everything well.
If "Rescue FC" fail (main power, firmware or other) there is a visual and acoustic warning and everything remains connected to the FCU-Primary, so that the pilot can land as soon as possible if he deems it necessary.
All possibilities have been contemplated to safeguard our RPAS / Drones.
It's really innovative and useful, Marco.
There are a full list of FC supported?