I wanted to post an update on the work I have been doing on the techwing design.
The new design is scaled up some to a 40 inch WS. It also includes real Grantz type winglets, a longer tip cord and fixed LE slots.
By reducing the vortex, you can expect less drag, greater lift, and better stall characteristics.
The next thing I did was add fixed LE slots to the outboard panel. LE slots allow the wing to fly at much higher angle of attack .
This is the techwing at a 13 degree AoA. Dark blue is the most negative pressures.
Here you can see the slotted airfoil at a 13 deg AoA. It achieves a 1.19 CL normally this airfoil would have a Cl max of ~0.75.
The slots also help to increase aileron effectiveness. I just finished the first mold for the prototype. this is the bottom of the fuselage.