DroidPlanner has reached a milestone (v1.0.0). For me at least, it can now be used as the only GCS when you are flying. Since this is why I started working on it I think we have reached the objective, and in the way I found a lot of nice people willing to help.
If you follow the alpha versions you know we added a lot of good stuff to it. The new version has the following updates, probably the bold ones matter the most to you ( v1.0.0 over 0.14.2):
- No new changes to the code-base, just setting a milestone
- Bluetooth Support
- Fixing layout problems with the Survey window
- New Waypoint Editor
- New Survey Interface
- Support for Physical Joysticks
- Chinese Translation
- Code Re-factoring
- Minor fixes (please consult GIT history)
Since many users have requested Bluetooth support I loaned a Android Device with Bluetooth, and implemented the support (my tablet doesn't have it, that's why it took so long).
I tested it with a RN-42 Bluetooth module bridged with a 3DR telemetry board with success. To use the feature just pair your device using android settings, and select Bluetooth in the DroidPlanner settings menu.
For more help go to the wiki at the following link:
The new waypoint editor which is much easier to use, and support's almost every kind of waypoint. To use it just click on a waypoint on the map or list to open a dialog where you can change the waypoint settings.
We have gone to the trouble of doing a customized dialog for almost every waypoint kind, making it really easy to setup the parameters.
Interactive Survey planning
Now it's interactive, you can select your survey parameters and it will dynamically update the grid. Also a nice new feature is the option of showing the camera footprints on the ground.
If you have questions about anything please ask them at the DroidPlanner forum, where others will be able to find them later.
And as always if you want to help consider making a donation via paypal, or by buying this app. If you want to help even more, consider joining the development team, or reporting a issue/bug/improvement on GitHub.
Thanks to everyone helping with the development (Just remembering a few of you: Aaron, Azrin, Brandon, Foxkid, J-DeMarco, Simon, Rob G )!