250 Racer Frame for Pixhawk

I've always wanted to either make or find a frame in the 250mm range that could comfortably hold a Pixhawk with GPS and such. I've tried looking at a couple frames but most have too small a compartment for their flight controllers to fit a full sized Pixhawk.(duh) So if I don't find one here soon I am going to attempt and create my own but for now does anyone have any ideas?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've fitted a pixhawk into an emax nighthawk 250 frame: http://makeitbuildit.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path... 

the middle section of this frame is a bit wider than the zmr250 style frames.

• There are a bunch of other small flight controllers on the market.  Some inexpensive ones from China, too.  rtfquads has one, too. 
    Pixracer is newer and has updated sensors, but realistically, they'll all function the same. 

I've got 3 250 size or smaller arducopter copters now, all w/ GPS and full auto missions, etc. 

• I've thought about trying the pixracer and others, but I already have a free pixhawk so I figured I'd use that.
      • You'd probably spend less on a premade frame and a small flight controller than you would building a custom frame to fit the pixhawk.. 

I've been happy enough w. the ~$20 carbon fiber Chinese frames (obvious copies of $100 american frames, but they work great), and a ~$30.00 small pixhawk clone from RTFQ or elsewhere. 

• I have done that in the past as well, and it worked great, but I've always wanted to use the pixhawk for a 250 racer. I just like the idea. And I've flown long enough to where I was going to upgrade and make a frame anyway so I might as well slap the pixhawk in there. Having said that it would still be nice even if just for comparison purposes to see a frame with enough room.
  • Hi. Why do not you go for a Pixracer?

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blog/show?id=705844%3ABlogPost%3A2170...

This reply was deleted.

Activity