Hi Guys,

I do not know how many have had issues with 3DR/ udrones customer service. I am quite disappointed with their customer service response:

1. I do not see any customer service number to call/ enquire. I am surprised!!

2. Not completely informative and I have to wait days before getting information on an order/ any issues with an order before even placing it.

3. The udrones website is not completely informative, with broken links, lack of information on money payment methods on checkout (udrones).

Also, I wanted to avail coupon code as I am ordering for an institution project, but they do not provide coupon code for udrones (which is again, part of 3DR linkage, if I understand correctly). They earlier said they would, but later said the information was incorrect from their side. I am ordering Quad-D frame assembled arducopter which is not available directly on 3DR. The International FedEx shipping charges at udrones is 136$, more than twice at 3DR and this can't be combined with products bought at 3DR simultaneously!

I completely respect APM and have my contributions via forums too where ever I can, but having ordered a product, must go hand in hand with an informative website and an available customer service when you need them.

Hope this really improves!

Regards..

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yep! Me too, ordered a bunch of components from UDrones- they arrived quickly, as expected, reasonable shipping, and I had contact with customer service and it was great!

• MR60

Hi,

I had a very good experience with my order on 3D robotics store web site. They answered my enquiries before and after my purchase. Emails were answered always within 24hrs. I was delilvered fairly quickly in Europe (Fedex) for a full kit 3DR quad+electronics. I do not remember the price but was not as high as what you mentioned. So, very pleased with them until now.

Further I do not think it is fair to point publicly in a forum at a bad service quality based on your single opinion. Did you first try to contact 3DR to discuss your complains ? this, I think, does not reflect the overall opinion. As a proof just see how many people are satisfied on this forum by the excellent reactivity and support provided by 3D robotics personnel (e.g. : Chris, Randy and and all the others).

By the way , I am not a shareholder of 3DR. Just my humble opinion.

Hugues

• Maybe the disparity in shipping from Udrones vs 3DR is because Udrones is located in Mexico and 3DR is in USA? Just a shot in the dark on that one.

• I  sent them 2 e-mail in the passed two weeks with no reply from UDRONES, I was charged $65 dollars for international shipping from Baja California to Miami (I don't Get IT).

• http://store.diydrones.com/aboutus.asp

"

We are located at: 
    3D Robotics
    7170 Convoy Ct. 
    San Diego, CA 92111, 
    United States 
    Tel. 1 (858) 324-1741 
    Fax. 1 (858) 605-4541

"

But the best way to get help I find is via email, I have never had to wait more then one business day.

For more questions! 

Contact us by mail!
    * Please mention Udrones on the subject for a faster response from our team ;)

for sales and customer support service:

sales@3drobotics.com

for tech-support or any technical question:

help@3drobotics.com

Note: Our email address have changed, we are no longer using udrones@gmail.com. 

Thank you for your support. 

Or give us a phone call!

Tel: +1 (858) 324 1741 Ext. 1050

on udrones homepage

I can't speak on the international shipping rates.

• I agree, their customer service and website are mediocre at best.

• I just noticed that there is a huge disparity for International shipping rates between 3DR and udrones.com. In 3DR, there is FedEx economy shipping that costs 36$, the shipping rate at udrones is 136$.

I do not understand why this is so, if that is a mistake or is it due to some shipping reasons?

Regards..

http://udrones.com/
This reply was deleted.

Activity