Hi,

I have received the following email from 3DRobotics last night, my Iris quadocopter was already in France, at Fedex office for a delivery at home on monday. 3DRobotics say they cancel my order and will refund me, rhis mean they will ask Fedex to send back to product to the US, why such a decision for all customers ? Why cancelling a shipement when the parcel is nearly at your home ?

Here is the email I have received from 3DR

************************************************************************************************

Thanks for your order with 3DR. We're writing to let you know that, due to a temporary change in our shipping policies, we're unable to ship orders outside of the US and Canada. We'll be cancelling and refunding your order immediately. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and we'll let you know when we can resume shipments to your country.

If you have any questions or would like to make modifications to your order, write to us at help@3drobotics.com or call our support line at +1 (858) 225-1414, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm PST.

Sincerely,

The 3DR Team

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The notice is still there for me (Australia)
  • The notice saying they temporarily cannot ship outside US and Canada on my account is gone as of this morning. It must be a crazy hectic time for them, hopefully they have got it sorted.
    • 3D Robotics

Hi Joly,

I'm not sure why the banner is gone on your account but unfortunately, we still cannot ship outside the US & Canada.  I will update the forum when things change.  I am hopeful that it will soon.

• I thought this was just affecting hardware, but ITAR also blocks college degrees to non-us citizens...here an excerpt from Embry-Riddle University UAS program

"Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) imposed by the United States State Department, this degree will only be open to U.S. citizens."

reference:

http://daytonabeach.erau.edu/coa/aeronautical-science/undergraduate...

• I hope 3DR gets this problem resolved.  They are a good company and have a good group of developers supporting their products.  Seems like a good time to give 3DR some revenue.  Sooo, being that I live in the U.S., I think I will finally buy my Pixhawk and related hardware and start another Helicopter build.

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

• 3701736563?profile=originalif nothing else, bus stations In Montreal are great...love Canada....

• what about new firmware,its back 3.1.1 rc5 not 3.2 and no EKF?am I wrong or what?

This reply was deleted.

Activity