Hi,

I have received the following email from 3DRobotics last night, my Iris quadocopter was already in France, at Fedex office for a delivery at home on monday. 3DRobotics say they cancel my order and will refund me, rhis mean they will ask Fedex to send back to product to the US, why such a decision for all customers ? Why cancelling a shipement when the parcel is nearly at your home ?

Here is the email I have received from 3DR

************************************************************************************************

Thanks for your order with 3DR. We're writing to let you know that, due to a temporary change in our shipping policies, we're unable to ship orders outside of the US and Canada. We'll be cancelling and refunding your order immediately. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and we'll let you know when we can resume shipments to your country.

If you have any questions or would like to make modifications to your order, write to us at help@3drobotics.com or call our support line at +1 (858) 225-1414, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm PST.

Sincerely,

The 3DR Team

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i love droid planner. 

will that be a forbidden app?

• MR60

you will be chased because you participated in a terrorist organization by using a software that makes uses of forbidden drones , and worse in your case, purchased from 3DR who got a ban on exports to third world countries (i.e. every country outside of the US & Canada). You will also be charged then for not respecting the export ban that the US imposes on the world. And since you dared posted this question, you shall be overchargeg for 260 years imprisonment in a highly secured Texan prison. And if you try to defend yourself, all hell will break loose on you and you'll hget extradited to a Mexican prison (upgraded version versus a Texan prison).

• 3701734064?profile=originalJames Bond kind of thriller continues.....

• MR60

I'm still missing the Bond girls

• MR60

Open & fun letter to Chris,

Why don't you move to Belgium at the heart of Europe ? I offer you my own Belgian corporation to relocate your 3DR business (headquarters) and make it a non-US company :) You could also drop your US citizenship (like tens of thousands of US expatriates are doing at the moment in Europe: seriously, there are waiting lists of more than 2 years in all US embassies of western Europe) so you can practically escape all of your US bureaucratic paranoia & oppression.

Belgium is fun, you'll see, it is quite a surrealist country (not only because of Magritte paintings) without allpowerfull bureaucracies (no equivalent of such monsters like FAA, IRS, NSA, etc) and even sometimes without government; e.g. after the last national elections of 2010 we had to wait until 2012 to get a government lol. We shall loose again for sure our current government after the next national elections May 25th and we'll live again during a couple of years without any government; the country works very well without it, maybe even better.

Anyway, more interesting, we have stock piles of chocolate, hundreds of different kinds of locally brewed beers and the best French fries of the World waiting for you...(rather Belgian fries; our jealous French neighbours took credit for it, those arrogant fools!) 

Hmmm...what else could be of interest to you in Belgium? we have one of the best agronomy & forestry university for which all agricultural UAV flights have been allowed by our FAA equivalent administration (i.e. concretely one person lol). This university did more than 200 flights so far and I introduced them recently to APM+Pixhawk .(current phase of my eDroneService project I introduced you to a few months back...)

PS : this (relocation) offer stands also for any other US citizens seeking refuge to get away from what drifts more and more into a golden cage police state. We love and welcome US people !

PSPS : for those who like a bit of (Belgian) History; we had once a Belgian king during the 19th century (born 1835), called Leopold II, who was the private owner of current whole central Africa ! At that time Leopold II gave it all to his Belgian young nation. As a consequence, we were at the time a super rich country, a strong dominant economical and military power of the time ! So much so that our ambitious Leopold II made plans to invade the US !!! ...incredible isn't it ? when I told you we were a surrealist country....

Hope you'll get 3DR out of export trouble rapidly...otherwise come here man  !

• You forgot to mention why Leopold had his country confiscated. His company was doing stuff like chopping thousands of peoples hands off, who refused to work for him.

• Unfortunately Belgium is also part of the Wassenaar treaty. And you forgot to mention the 90 days of sunshine in a year compared to 320 in CA. In Belgium, a Piwhawk would be more useful to a submarine  ;-)

The 41 countries are : Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and the United States

That means that 200 countries haven't signed the treaty. Yet.

• Agricultural UAV flights may be allowed as an exception, but there is no Belgian law for commercial flights. Our politicians spend more time now showing their face on the local TV shows and cat fighting each other as elections are on the way! No time to vote a law for UAV and RPAS.

http://www.beuas.be/docs/public/General%20Information/BeUAS_RPAS_Gu...

But he is right about the beer, chocolate and French fries!

I also do welcome 3DR over here, I'm looking for a nice job in a modern high tech company. ;-)

PS: did you buy the last PixHawk from our local dealer?

This reply was deleted.

Activity