Hi,

I have received the following email from 3DRobotics last night, my Iris quadocopter was already in France, at Fedex office for a delivery at home on monday. 3DRobotics say they cancel my order and will refund me, rhis mean they will ask Fedex to send back to product to the US, why such a decision for all customers ? Why cancelling a shipement when the parcel is nearly at your home ?

Here is the email I have received from 3DR

************************************************************************************************

Thanks for your order with 3DR. We're writing to let you know that, due to a temporary change in our shipping policies, we're unable to ship orders outside of the US and Canada. We'll be cancelling and refunding your order immediately. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and we'll let you know when we can resume shipments to your country.

If you have any questions or would like to make modifications to your order, write to us at help@3drobotics.com or call our support line at +1 (858) 225-1414, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm PST.

Sincerely,

The 3DR Team

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Held up in customs? Come to Switzerland - stuff disappears in there for up to 5 weeks, and they charge you for the privilege of opening up your package, and breaking it for you. They don't need brain farts to f* up your day - their criteria comes down to "auslander package with time sensitive delivery". A priority dispatch notice from Fedex/UPS is a guarantee it gets lost for weeks.

• Euan -

You misunderstand my intent. I was stating that the US method for Delivery of Brain Farts is in fact an amazingly efficient system; it is NEVER delayed by weather, war zones or even Customs. We ALWAYS get our Brain Farts there on time or earlier... If one could harness that system to deliver actual goods, we'd put FedUPS out of business in a fortnight. :p

mnem

Or sooner.

• Yeah. Problem is that even you manage deliver good fast an efficient way with that FFBFD (f* fast brain fart delivery) system there is still some bugs in it. I mean that some times if you order oil pump to pump your oil from ground you can get well oiled tank instead of pump. Anyway it is not so bad if you think it that way that this tank probably also donate free lead, depleted uranium and speech of freedom to you. They are quite valuable things, if you just manage catch these "free donations of freedom" before they hit to your children or even worse to your new diy drone, you will be rich.

While we enthusiastically wait new twists in this 3DR (I start be out of pop corns) I think I will order my parts from china. Lets hope that some point also in US they will see that there is slight possibility that maybe (just maybe...) there can be something wrong in their country and they will open company to Europe. 

• Euan,your problem is the same all around the World...from my experience most of problems coming from fast delivery service wants to charge you more..FedEx,DHL,UPS,TNT all send orders to customs first and will do anything to make customs tax as high as possible so they can take bigger % on sum of all expenses(they also charge customs tax on shipment price witch is against the law in EU if price of shipment is shown separated)...they also charge for opening and handling package,they also charge storage if you didn't pick it up same day...bla,bla,bla...sometimes delivery is late and than supplier from China wants to do u a favor and send it with fast delivery without prior notice...when I see somebody sent me something with FedEx or dhl hair on my head go up....

My solution for ordering is china EMS..it is as fast as any other(maybe they lose 1-2 day until its picked up) but 80% of the orders I did that way come to me as normal domestic express mail without even going to customs

• I must say that I am not wery happy of this situation that first they make DRM for code and then you cannot even buy original units. 

Yes it is maybe true that these legal issues come from US goverment but still it is just wrong first make monopoly from opensource project and then stash company to country where "freedom" is just empty words. I think someone had also quite empty head. I think that if someone wants use drones to bad thing they will get cheaper copters from china. Now these sniff dogs in nsa cannot even snoop who order them. 

Also I am quite disappointed how 3rd team inform customers from that. If you try ask anything of this you just get copypaste from page or something else empty words. 

So my question is that is there planning to remove that DRM from source or is there fast plan to move 3DR shop to some civilized country?

• 3D Robotics
      Tapio, the GGC block on loading software on non-3DR hardware was removed quite some time ago (and even that had only applied to Pixhawk clones, not APM clones, which were never checked). Any third-party Pixhawk board can work now.
      • Not to mention, that even when the GGC block was in place, it was always possible to load the OS firmware on any clone Pixhawk anyway.  Not with one of the altered versions of Mission Planner either.  But using a tool that was available for years.

There was never any monopoly.

• I hope shipping to (most of) the rest of the world is possible again soon. Seems all the 3DR partners finally sold their last pixhawk's and are out of stock now.

I think we all agree - all of this makes no sense considering this is open hardware https://github.com/PX4/Hardware and software.

3DR team you manufacture great products. Hope you can solve the legal issues soon and turn back to more important or lets say interesting stuff soon.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards.

This reply was deleted.

Activity