AUVSI and other sources of info

I was curious to know how many of you are members of AUVSI. It seems that is the professional organization to join if you are serious about this hobby. I have been a member for two years, but seldom see or hear it mentioned. I was also curious what other sources you use for information. I currently feel the best info is found here, ezonemag.com's UAV forum, and in the AUVSI magazine/emails.-dave

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This year our robotics team is entering into their competition.
    We'll be the first highschool that i know of to enter into it.
  • I am a member. Unfortunately, it's a 3 hour drive to meetings at the nearest chapter (Silicon Valley), so I have yet to attend one, but I do value the various resources of AUVSI, and believe it's a good value for the $50 membership fee. Their next large conference will be in San Diego in June, and I do plan to attend.
  • 3D Robotics
    Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion; I've checked it out and see that AUVSI is indeed invidual friendly. $50 for one year and $100 for three is very reasonabe I've joined!

Many thanks for the tip....

Chris
  • 3D Robotics
    I'm not a member, and I'm serious! I think that association is mostly for military/commerical companies. I don't know any university team, for instance, that are members.

For information, the best place (aside from here!) that I've found is the RCGroups UAV forum.
    (Or is that what you meant by the EZoneMag forums--they are actually hosted on RCGroups)
    -c
    UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles - RC Groups
    A forum for amateur UAV builders to discuss and share their knowledge of the subject.
This reply was deleted.

Activity