UAV law-International waters

I'm just trying to find the best place to use a uav far removed from shared airspace.Does anyone have knowledge of any restrictions for use at sea? I have been looking at the possibility of making a uav 1/2 scale cri-cri aircraft. Maybe I could deliver air drop pizza and bait to fishing boats

87654.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I thought international waters were under ICAO jusrisdiction and essentially could be allocated back to specific country agencies such as the FAA for the US, is this incorrect?
  • this is a good question. I remember a friend when I was young .He was looking at a barge for auction. Long short,ultralight landing deck. Maybe there is a market for an attended floating landing carrier for uavs operating in international waters.
  • I don't have much experience with fixed-wing airframes, so I'm not commenting on that at all. However, that image looks impressive.

What experiences did you make with the sonic sensors?
    I'm planning on experimenting with sonic sensors for unattended landing of a powered paraplane.

As pointed out, international waters start very far off the shore.
    What safery-features have you planned to recover your model there?
  • Those are pretty inventive ideas, and I wish you luck with those. International waters are just that. There is no set law defining what can happen in the area. The zone laws between aircraft and military vessels are covered under the Rules of Engagement. If you're not operating commercially, or in a commercial lane, you should be okay to fly around and investigate. NOAA and several other oceanographic companies use UAV's to explore large scale waterwats from a high altitude so they can find large masses (Aka the big floating plastic island that we've created).

Be inventive, be creative, because that is the only thing that will grow this hobby.
This reply was deleted.

Activity