5 Wire servo - help needed

Does anyone know how to interact with a 5-wire servo? I would like to be able to read the commands to this servo (with my parallax propeller) and either pass through the signal or modify it. (I'm using the propeller to interface with standard 3-wire servos just fine.) I have not been able to find a good resource describing the operation of 5-wire servos.If anyone has any information (or better yet, spin code!) I would appreciate it very much!!-Jason

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have just seen a 4-wire servo.
    The case was that the servo did not contain the electronics but that we have a single
    board with receiver, servo-control and engine-control.
    non-standard
  • There's a "coming soon" listing at www.TheXPortZone.com for an aerial camera / video camera that is X-Port compatible for Hobbyzone / Parkzone planes. I'm going to get one for my Super Cub when they are ready.
  • I don't personally own a SuperCub so I don't know it's layout but would it be possible to simply install "normal" servos? Using the 5 wire servos would probably take up a cog and why do that when it can be done for you on the servo?
  • The 5-wire servo's are in my HobbyZone Supercub. From what I've been able to gleam from from some RC aircraft web sites, it appears that it is a dumbed down servo, where much of the servo's brains reside outside the servo in the RC aircrafts's circuitry. So apparently if I want to use this, I have to do some of the thinking for it. I'm more than happy to program in the logic, but I don't know what the logic is!
    Right, this sounds like quite a diif part.

Even the servos built for robotics don't usually have anymore than the standard 3 from R/C.
  • 3D Robotics
    I've never heard of a five-wire servo. Where do they come from and what do they do?
This reply was deleted.

Activity