Replies

  • Roger that, thanks for the information!
  • I have seen some small light weight MPEG-4 video compressors that will take HD and compress it for use over a broadband network. Sending your compressed video by 54Mb 'g' or 'n' Wifi may work, but then with all that compression you may have better over all picture quality using standard cameras and 900Mhz or 2.4Ghz video link. Plus with all the weight of HD camera, MPEG compressor, Wifi, etc. you would be better off recording in the air just like Paul mentioned.
    -dave
  • Thank you both very much for the information. Can you recommend an off the shelf camera/wireless set up? The reason being I have as a part of my profession flown sub-sea ROVs. I am interested in transposing that tele-presence on to a small electric helicopter.
  • 3D Robotics
    Not that I know of. The only ways I'm aware of to get better than regular def is to use software to upscale video streams by interpolating between frames. Even if there were a camera, sending HD data wirelessly is a gigabit task.
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Jose Araujo liked Jose Araujo's profile
Aug 29
spencer harvey liked spencer harvey's profile
Jul 9
More…