New UAV airframe (ARF)

after designing/building and testing multiple electric airframes I have decided to try something pre-built and with lots of room. I am now using my trusty Hangar 9 Alpha 60 gas trainer. I have integrated the UNAV Pico-pilot, 900mHz wireless data TX, and 2.4gHz 500mW video TX/micro dome camera with extremely successful results. here are some pictures of the set up. I am running a .91 4stroke on the plane. video will be up shortly

P1030304.JPG

P1030311.JPG

P1030313.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

Mine came w/a kit that has a 9volt adapter and a 12v a/c adapter. I before I began having troubs I could get a good amount of time out of a rechargable 9v (8.4v). I think I found at least part of my problem with one of the solder joints for the leads off of the tx board. One of them actually came off while inspecting it. It's possible that I've fussed w/it too much and lost some integrity on those connections. I'm going to touch them all up and see what happens. I'd like to put a connecter on it versus leads, but they soldered the board into the metal case of the transmitter so it might be too much effort to do that. i'll just need to ensure there is plenty of strain relief.

Suggestions are welcome.
    how well does your 2.4 vid setup work and what is the distance you get out of it? I'm having troubles w/mine and am not sure where to start w/troubleshooting. If it's great, what is the brand/model?

I like the dome is the camera articulated?
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…