control system for a quad rotor

hi everyone i am a newbie out here pls help me outi am designing a control system for a quad rotori have not studied any basics about control systems can ne 1 guide me how to go bout itthanks in advance

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hey
    i recently got mine flying, it's very stable, check out my page.

i would recommend, that you first get your imu running, at a fast enough rate. at the minimum least 200Hz (better 500hz or more). that means, this often read out the imu-data and integrate the gyro-angles, experiment with mixing in accelerator data. try out filters on the data and look what they do.

you'll also need to interface with brushless controllers. so find some that support such a high update rate (suppersimples from hobbycity are great and cheap, or build the ones from mikrokopter.de). for the beginning it's enough when you buy/build just one, to get it running and see how it works. in case you give up that quad-rotor idea, you haven't thrown away too much money.

also, find i way to interface with a rc-receiver. pulseIn in arduino wont work (well), because it waits for the ppm pulses from the receiver, and this will slow down your imu computation and stabilisation. you'll need to use some kind of input capturing of your mcu. you can also browse rcgroups.com and the mikrokopter.de forum, they should also contain lots of info on that part (also for 2.4ghz receivers)

once you have all that running, build a frame and buy the rest of the esc and motors. the actual stabilisation is (relatively) very easy.
  • I would suggest a visit to www.mikrokopter.de where you will find all the info on hardware and open source software you require.
    regards Peter
  • Some times ago I found this on the net...

It's in French, BUT math is international language and all equations are developed here.

Hopefully this helps
  • Quads are controlled about their plane by changing power to each blade, and around their axis by moving power between the pair of counter-rotating blades.

You'll need an gyroscope for each (3) dimension, and a cpu to process the information.

It would seem that some studying would be in order for what you are "designing".

Good luck
This reply was deleted.

Activity