72 Mz and ArducopterNG (1.54)

I've got a JR XP7202 which is a 7 channel 72MHz Tx.

On the 'copter, I've got a JR 790.  They talk using sPCM.

Works great in the CLI, but not in "flight" mode (whatever non-CLI mode is).

I've found a method/function call (APM_RC::GetState() ) which never seems to go non-zero with the FM setup.

So the call

if (APM_RC.GetState() == 1)

is never true.

Is this something I need to "tweak", or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Making progress here.

It's not the radio.  Sorry, chaps.  I found a radio diagnostic and ran it, which worked fine.

By adding various print statements, I see that what happens is that the main loop starts, reads the radio, reads the GPS and loops a few times (14 to 20) before stopping printing.

So I think that something isn't working right (either because my hardware skills are poor -or- I've misconfigured something in the header file).  Somewhere there's a bit of code that thinks it is waiting for a device to come ready ...

Time to start turning off things and seeing where I am going awry.

Got it. 

if I undefine the Magnetometer, then I'm looping successfully.   Now to go figure out what's what.

• When in FLY-mode is the PPM Light on on the APM?  I just switched over to spektrum and Turnigy radios from the Jr 8303 8ch FM.  I used the  Jr 790 with my Trex 450 heli.  The 790 doesn't have a crystal right? just a little button?  I had a tough time setting mine up with my Tx radio.  Try another reciever first.    
  • 3D Robotics
    If your Rx puts out standard PWM it should work. Can you post the output of your radio test in the CLI?
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…