Replies

• Success!! did a autotune this morning and all when good i have a very solid frame now , only issues is its maybe a little to solid

i feel the gains are a wee bit two high and i get some oscillations sometimes but other then that it worked great , just wish it would do the yaw aswell

• Hi Randy,

I'm still having difficulties to pass autotune process. I have tried several different setups and tried autotune around 10 times. I have attached here my log file, so any chance that you could have a look on it?

Here is detailed description I wrote earlier:

"I have TBS discovery and I have been running with 3.01 without any problems some time already.

Now I have installed 3.1 and I have tried several times to run autotune procedure based on your instructions. It will take only 1-2 minutes and it twitch only left and right movements, and after that it stops. So it doesn't do forward and back movements, and process is surprisingly quick. And in the end it doesn't change pids at all, so autotune doesn't seem to work."

Many thanks in advance!

2014-01-01 15-08.log

• my crash after autotune is sloved , was a bad joint on one of my motors bullet connectors!

anyways fixed and ill do another autotune tomorrow , hope for the best

• Is there any way to load two configurations into the controller (PID settings) and be able to change through a switch on the radio? Would be useful if you want to change hardware.... sometimes i fly with my camera and sometimes I don't so would be a convenient feature instead of having to hook up to the computer to switch these.

thanks and happy new year!

• Does Auto Tune adjust the trims?

• Can someone tell me what to look for in a flight log to figure out why autotune is not working?  I arm the apm2.6 take it to a hove about 20' up and 20' out.  Flip Flight mode to alt-hold and then flip the chan 7 switch set to autotune.  1 our of 5 times the quad actually starts the routine on the roll axis.  When I looked at the log it showed maybe 30 lines for Loop 0 and then Loop 1 and never got to the pitch axis (confirmed by visual during flight and log).  There were no ERR messages in the log. 

Maybe a better way to ask is, where can I see why the quad is not entering autotune and why it is stopping in the middle?  I see MODE messages in the log where I go from stabilize to alt-hold to loiter and back.  Perhaps I don't have the right level of logging enable?  I will time tomorrow to fly it again so I want to make sure that I have the right logs enabled and also that I know what I should be looking for.  I have 915mhz telem radios too but did not have the groundstation turned on.  Should I?

• After autotune it works like a "Dream Machine"!!!

4S 390KV 17X5.5" 1700gr quad.

Thank you all developers....

Well done!!!

• Question, are the autotune results repeatable? also am I best to attach my gimbal etc ie have it fully loaded when preforming the test?

• I was almost done auto tuning when my quad fell out of the sky! motors just stopped really not sure what happened

I've attached my log , im thinking that looking at it at line 15063 it had finished the tune however it just started to drop and starting at line 15144 i can see ctun is reading my alt is dropping quickly till im on the ground at witch point it detects the crash at the same time i change back to stabilize mode

it all happened so fast im not sure what to think but id really appreciate it someone would be able to give my log a look over and let me know if there's anything there i should be worried about.

2013-12-30 19-39.log

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3691086824?profile=original
  • Randy, what did you guys do, I ran the autotune and my TBS Disco Pro flies like a dream.  Dare I say better than any multicopter I have ever owned and that includes my 2 NAZA-Ms and my APM 2.5

Thanks man, you guys are the best!!!

Below are my PIDS (Flown on a TBS Disco Pro, 4200 mAh 4S)

3692908094?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity