Replies

• I think the wind may be affecting your barometer more than anything else.  A little wind can really mess up the barometer if it isn't protected from the wind.

• Today i've tried to do an autotune, after an update of my APM to 3.2 firmware.
    On 3.1.5 i've no problem, autotune completes after some minutes but on 3.2 my Nova, sometimes just remain in althold (seems to not start the tuning) other times start to tune but as soon i do a repositioning, it dosn't restart and remain in althold.

Can be a DeadZone (too little? i use standard params for dz btw) problem?
    Anyone had similar problems?
    I've reviewed (the attacched) log, but i can't find nothing strange....
    Someone has an idea of what is going bad?

2015-11-12 15-07-27.bin

• Developer

Hi Mirko,

Your pitch request isn't returning to zero. Your Dead Zone is pretty large so I suggest that you do your radio calibration again.

• Thank you!

I'll try another radio calibration ;)

• Is it better to autotune with gimbal or without ? Assuming gimbal will be on most of the time.

• Developer

Hi Tony,

This depends on how flexible your gimbal mounts are.

The easiest way of doing this is to Autotune without the Gimbal. Then add the gimbal and reduce the rates if you see any oscillation.

You can attempt an Autotune with the gimbal but look out for very low values in the rate loops as this suggests the gimbal is messing with Autotune.

• Thank you sir ! Best response I have gotten so far.

• Developer

Hi Tony,

No problems. Let me know if you see any problems. Autotune keeps detailed logs and there isn't much I can't diagnose if you provide a data flash log.

• I repeat autotune with mission planner connected, is like autotune couldn't engage and instead RTL does, if I return to Alt hold or pos hold all works well again and no failsafe, in other modes no problem include long distance flying.

I have an Aurora, perhaps something in my radio programing but I'm not shure were I have to see, Pehaps radio calibration?

Looks at the end, flying in pos hold it's all ok

2015-11-08 19-22-10.bin

• I have autotune in a switch in ch 7, something looks bad in RCIN   c7 ?

This reply was deleted.

Activity