Replies

• You can.  Have the Roll I value be the same value as the Roll P value.  17.5 is a bit high for Stab P IMO, I'd probably start that out with 10 or so, but that's just me.

• Sorry wrong place to post what i was going to ask just ignore ..

• APM newb here. So I can't seem to get autotune to complete. It fails part way through the roll phase. I am not certain how to interpret the logs to see what the problem is. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

One thing I do seem to have an issue with is altitude hold. It seems to nold hold very well and I wonder if this is causing the problem. I am not sure why altitude hold isn't very good either. I am working on minimizing vibrations now as I am usinf new sunnysky motors and have the flight controller now mounted with gel tape.

Anyway, here is the logs from my flight today. Maybe someone can see where my problems lie.

2014-11-11 15-11-10.log

• Developer

Hi Brian,

Can you tell me a little more about your copter. Your tune looks a little strange and I agree that your alt hold looks pretty average. It also looks like you are gradually increasing in altitude, I doubt this is messing things up but it is something to look at.

If you have done some other autotunes I would be interested to see them and see if they have the same issues.

• I found a couple more autotunes from my first attempt. This was when the fc was mounted on a full sheet of foam. The first log I provided I had switch to using the kyosho anti vibe gel.

2014-10-25 08-45-55.log

2014-10-25 08-51-06.log

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702675113?profile=original
        • 3702771523?profile=originalI just performed a vibration test. That does not appear to be my issue. I did the test in alt hold, landed, and then did it in stabilize holding the altitude as manually with the throttle.

• Developer

By the way, 3DR has started selling the foam they include with the Pixhawk kits.  I think they spent a fair bit of time evaluating different foams and gels.

• Here are the copter details.
        HJ450 spider frame
        Apm 2.6 clone
        Sunnysky 980kv motors
        Apc 10" multirotor props
        Multistar esc
        It also has the basic telemetry radio and apm power module.

image.jpg

• Developer

Hi Brian,

Your GPS is upside down but other than that it looks ok.

How have you calculated your CG. The reason I ask is I can see a little coupling between roll and pitch.

• Ok i will flip the gps over. I couldn't find any documentation on gps orientation.

As fir cg, the frame had the cg marked. So i centered the fc on that and distributed the weight to balsnce around the marked cg.
This reply was deleted.

Activity