Replies

• leonardthall,

I have finally found time to do autotune at 10hz mpu6k filter. 

logs attached. 

2015-01-07 15-15-19.bin

• leonardthall,

I have attempted to fly with mpu6k filter at 10hz, however copter started oscillating badly on the PIDs you mentioned earlier and I it was too early in the morning and very cold so my brains were "frozen" along with the fingers and I didn't think of resetting PIDs to defaults at that time. Anyway will be attaching log of that short moment when I took of with MPU6k filter at 10hz and attempt autotune at 10hz mpu6k next year :)  

It appears that partially the problem with shaky video was with the T2D gains, after I adjusted them it maintains smooth video even with the mentioned PIDs, Strangely I am flying that gimbal with  AC3.1.5 autotune PIDs since September w/o shakes. 

2014-12-31 07-48-07.log

• Ok, I will run autotune at mpu6k @10hz, just finished flying 26min with the PIDs you suggested, and YES those are really good PIDs except they make motors make a really high pitch whinning sound constantly, also, when looking at the footage I could see some really bad low frequency vibration, not jello though, at 60fps is not able to focus.... To make sure this is not the props.motors issue I changed PIDs back to old manual PIDs I mentioned up couple of posts, all vibrations are gone, and no funny noises, but the copter is much less responsive than with yours... I will try increasing D a bit tomorrow as well as try autotune at 10hz MPU6k

• I hope that I am on topic with this.  I have version 3.2 loaded into a Tarot Pro hex extended for 15" props.  I am doing missions and have run into 3 problems.  When I create a mission with Takeoff as the first command and follow it with several waypoints, some with time delay and some without, the hex will not proceed to the next command.  I arm in stabilize with the throttle down then switch to auto and advance the throttle.  It takes off perfectly then just sits still at the takeoff altitude I listed in the command.  If I remove the takeoff command and start with a waypoint, it will execute perfectly, going to all waypoints.  Similarly, if I have a loiter_turns in the mission, the hex executes the turns ok but skips the following waypoints in the mission and seems to skip to the last command which is "return to Launch".  The other problem is with the mission planning page.  The rows and columns for the mission show up totally collapsed when I begin.  It is only when I enter commands that the columns open up but only enough to show the width as never more than the number of characters that I have entered in the numerical cells.  So for example, I cannot see the word delay in the header if I only have 1 second typed in but if I type 1.000 then I can see 5 letters of the word delay.  Is this a bug in mission planner or do I need to make a setting change for how the display works?

I am very happy to be this far along and appreciate the help I have received both on this forum and by the excellent support staff in Mexico.

Bernie

• Developer

Bernie Liskov ,

Sorry, this is not the right place to ask those questions. I would suggest the 3.2 thread or open a help thread on the arducopter forum.

• regarding AC3.1.5 autotune PIDs....... I cannot find the setting file I saved, I think I've overwritten it with the AC3.2 setting file....will have to reflash 3.1.5 and redo the autotune.... should have time on the 25th, will post then. 

• battery doesn't move at all, I usually hold my copter by the battery so I am sure. Gimbal is a standard T2D hard mounted to the frame, not sure how much the gopro inside the gimbal moves, but this shouldn't be an issue since AC3.1.5 autotune makes it fly like  on rails, at the same time smooth enough to shoot video. 

• Leonard,

I must plead ignorance again.

I see the Loiter PID's at the top which should be changed to .5 correct?. What is "velocity and position PID's" and what's a good starting point to change them to? How much should the Rate Yaw IMax be changed? I will learn the nomenclature and what they do,  and probably should have by now, but the Y6B was easy compared to this tug boat; never needed to touch this stuff.

Also note the 'Lock Pitch and Roll Values' box was checked this time (I did not do it) when doing AT today, which you said not to be concerned about.

3SWdqtR.png

• Developer
      Hi DG,
      The loiter P and the rate loiter P and I terms are the ones you need. So start with Loiter P 0.5, Rate loiter P and I 0.5 and 0.25.

As for yaw rate IMax, just double it.
      • Developer
        That check box should be left unchecked because mission planner will try to change the role and pitch Pids to be the same. Autotuned sets each differently based on your airframe so it is very difficult to get the same settings for both after auto tune.
This reply was deleted.

Activity