AC3.2.1 APM 2.5 Throttle pulsates in Loiter

Hi.

I have a problem after updating AC to 3.2.1 from 3.1.5.

When in Loiter, the the speed of the motors rev up and down/pulsate quite rapidly. This was working fine when I was using previous versions of arducopter.

I have downloaded the logs, and have looked into accX, accY and accZ. These seems to be inside the range specified in the wiki at arducopter. (Log_vibrations.bin)

Please have a look at the Log.bin, and note the difference between ThrIn and ThrOut when I'm in Loiter mode.

Anyone having any idea what the problem may be?

Log.bin

Log_Vibration.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Andrew

I am also using HK pilot 2.7 as well a beginner to this wonderful hobby. I am running 3.2.1 as my very first version of Mission Planner so I don't know what came before.

As far as setting up the software to fly I encountered a number of 3.2.1 software and hardware issues.

The HKpilot 2.7 has a jumper next to the GPS port that must be removed if you are using an external compass  as well as setting the Mission Planner software toggle to external before performing GPS calibration.

There was another listing on this problem with the download of 3.2.1 and that was the value of

ATC_ACCEL_RP_MAX set too low. have set mine to medium 108000 and

ATC_RATE_RP_MAX set to 25000.

Also your throttle mid position setting may need tweaking.

Cheers

Apparently the 3.2.1 download has very low values which cause a problem.

• Hey there,

I made sure to remove the jumper for the external compass and calibrate it. I'll definitely look into those parameters you mention though.

Thanks!

• Update: I just checked my parameters...

ATC_ACCEL_RP_MAX is 0

ATC_RATE_RP_MAX is 18000

• Hi Andrew the pulsating throttle value in my machine was mainly due to Throttle Accel I set it to P=.8 I= 1.6. I still get some pulsating in ground effect however above 2 meters its fine. The ATC value effects Stabilize and Throttle hold roll and pitch response. My machine felt slow and sluggish until updating the ATC values. 

Good luck, there is a lot to learn.

Cheers

• I have the same problem.  Rolling FW back cured it...however I am going to try changing Throttle Accel PID's today to see if I can get back to latest FW.

• Hello, I've got the same problem, height pumping and fast altitude gain even in stabilize mode... My baro is well protected and I've changed almost all things with throttle pids, baro settings, gains etc, autotune few times, tuning pids by myself too, checking baro foam... Rollback to 3.1.5 and altitute hold not working as it should, only on loiter it works rather good, but when I'm moving my quad it starts to ascend very fast... I tried almost everything, with soft rollback too... (other props etc.)

• Worked!! but still not liking something...was running perfect in 3.15, something not right in 3.2 with how it is handling AND running flat out in poshold lost altitude suddenly and had no throttle response until I switched out to stabilize.  Almost lost her.  Might stick with 3.15 for now.  I'm very inexperienced so recovery from "bad stuff" is a little sketch for me lol. 

• I has a similar problem and adjusting Throttle Accel PID,s fixed this. See http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/altholdmode/

• I have PIxhawk on a Y6 with pulsing motors, which I assumed to be sync problems. After recalibrating the motors seem to smooth out, but over time it comes back.

Does switching back to 3.1.5 require a full redo of the setup?

• Guys. It worked for me. However, it was the vibrations. I moved apm on the top of f550 and install new dumper. It flies like a charm on any settings.

This reply was deleted.

Activity