I have a problem after updating AC to 3.2.1 from 3.1.5.
When in Loiter, the the speed of the motors rev up and down/pulsate quite rapidly. This was working fine when I was using previous versions of arducopter.
I have downloaded the logs, and have looked into accX, accY and accZ. These seems to be inside the range specified in the wiki at arducopter. (Log_vibrations.bin)
Please have a look at the Log.bin, and note the difference between ThrIn and ThrOut when I'm in Loiter mode.
Anyone having any idea what the problem may be?
I immediately set the parameter to 50 and hold alt works fine I do not know if there are problems in AUTO mode why not use it for aerial video
Now I have my problematic cuad in the air again, I wait for an external compass, not yet the 3DR one but a friend HK one and was anxious to test what happens when I move the APM to the main plate fixes with thiny foam doble sided tape as Randy indicates, I put the compass on a gps mast;
First the GPS that it was on one arm and working well didn't like to see the compass on his mast, o sats, I moved the GPS to the mast and works well, (not the compass) I test with windy day what happens and no more problem with pulsates in alt Hold :D :D , I couldn't test pos hold so much for the compass but it was again a silly bolt so I removed it and tomorrow I test again, the main change for me was can fix the APM on the main plate with very little movement, vibrations are under control but nothing brillant, I have to try to tune better the cuad now but It's another cuad I'm very happy, It's looks better too altitude hold when I fy to left, after this changes It loose altitude very quickly If flies agressively. I'm going to share how continues my test
Here the APM mount
Is there anyone fly with 3.2.1 ,and everything is good ?
I want to know what kind of factor makes them fly well with 3.2.1? good anti-vabration ?
For 3.2.1,I got overshoot in roll or pitch axis if I let go the roll or pitch stick too quick after high speed flight .Now I solved this problem by reducing thr_acc_p to 0.38 ,the default is 0.5.
In addition ,I also raised up my rate_p and rate_I(roll and pitch ) both to 0.31, the default is 0.15 .Now the overshoot is not very obvious.
Are you sure you do this test with the same vehicle and parameters?
I think this is the most post that revealing thing about that there is a problem with 3.2.1 ,at least with the vibration filter code.
I think the devolper team should think about keeping work on the 3.2.X branch to make it more stabilized
I have downgraded to 3.2. It doesn't seem to have gotten any better for me; still jumps all around and then nearly lands at times before i retake control. The graph above doesn't look good to me for some reason but I don't know enough to say why. Also, I would include my accx, accy, and accz data but for some reason APM planner won't graph it. The data is there because I can see the numbers but it just won't graph it and if I enable show values under mouse it comes up ERR. I scrolled through the numbers and they are all within the limits. I have placed a piece of open cell foam over the barometer as well. Can you put too much foam, or pack the barometer too tightly? I put a piece a bit thicker than the case so when you close the case it squishes down around it to make a good seal. Any help would be great!
Ok so I was able to get the IMU data to graph using Mission Planner via mono; not sure whats wrong with APM Planner.
They look to be within the limits. There are some outliers on Z but they correspond to the sharp altitude changes as seen on the alt graph; at least thats the way it looks to me.
I also did the ALT graph again in MP for the heck of it.
I just got back from my break, last week. Yesterday I reassembled the H quad, so I can start testing 3.1.5 and 3.2.1 again. It was pretty good, and I was testing if the new quad can handle high winds... it did. Unfortunately towards the end of testing a big gusts pushed the quad in an angle that was not recoverable and I had a crash.
The logs on the post was still when I was experimenting on different ways to cover the barometer. Also it was installed on a different frame. This thread has run so fast now. I will read it. If I can I will rebuild the H quad that has the APM and give you logs from different firmware 3.1.5 and 3.2.1 which hopefully can help.
I'm flying well in 3.2.1 in a low kv cuad, thiny gel doble sided tape 3m. perhaps is not as stable for smooth video during a windy day but it's not my interest; I like to fly long endurance FPV, and take photos during windy days too..
Here you have a horrible video flying 3.2.1 in windy day; I try to film and fly at the same time = nothing well but you can have an idea first part is to show wind with trees and them move to an open area to show how it flies with that wind . https://vimeo.com/122211422
did you reset to default values after "downgrading" to 3.2? I haven't tried 3.2 yet but went from 3.2.1 to 3.1.5 and both by Quads now fly fine. Neither of them was ok with 3.2.1.
Yes I did. I was going to go down to 3.1.5 next but ran into a set of new problems with that. Navigating http://firmware.diydrones.com/ trying to find the correct hex file is a pain. So i was going to build it myself. I downloaded the 3.1.5 zip from here https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/releases I then ran make from withing the ArduCopter directory of that zip file (unzipped to my desktop). But when it was running it was showing all sorts of errors in terminal. It spit out a hex file though along with some others. Im a little afraid to try and flash the APM with it though since i was seeing all those errors during the make.
F450 810 KV APM 2.6 3 cell 10x4.5 props 3.21FW
I have changed my PILOT_ACCEL_Z FROM 250 TO 50 and set vib to 20 from 0
Seems better will do more testing !