Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Can someone post the procedure, step by step, to set up RSSI from my EZUHF to display?

1. After setting up the channel in the ezuhf to output RSSI how do I feed it into the APM 2.0 and the configure it to display correctly?

I understand ezuhf is not analog RSSI will this even work?

Thx.

• I need of some help: I alredy tested the .hex and .mcm on download page... but my screen is bad... some datas don't able to see on screen (TV of LCD). See the picture. Thanks

osd.jpg

• Just ordered one of these and was thinking of some modifications I would like to see.  Can the video overlay panels overlap each other?

If not would it be possible to daisy chain two or more of these together together.

I want to build 3d waypoints like in this Video

• There is a new release. 

MinimOSD Extra 2.0.3 Pre Release Version r149 and the shiny new Config tool!

Don't forget to read download description!

Link

• Wow this is great! Thanks!

• Just a quick question for me to make sure:

What is exactly "altitude" and "home altitude" ? I am a little confused on this, because I got some strange numbers !

knut

• @Gabor:

Could you disclose the source of MinimOSD Extra 1.29.2.hex as a zip file? I would greatly appreciate this. Copying single files from the googlepage is a real pain......

So long

Kraut
     Rob

• Hi Guys,

Very nice work!!  It is amazing what you guys have put together is in such a short period of time.  Thanks!

Can someone explain to me a few things?

1. How do I set up RSSI, in the new OSD Config it has Min/Max settings for the RSSI of 0 to 255,  how do I know what settings to use for my set up.  Is there some procedure to figure these out? I don't know mush about RSSI.

2. The screen switching, I assume I need to connect channel 8 of my RX to the APM.  Do I need to assign this channel to something specific in the APM?  A short explanation of the setup would be helpful?

Cheers

• Hello to everyone,

Gábor brought to my attention that, in the configuration tool, was impossible to set CH 5 to Toggle switch. I've corrected this small bug. You will find a new download with this corrected in MinimOSD extra project page.

Pedro 

Hey Guys,

I am looking at using a minimosd on my groundrover and I am wondering if any functionality has been used yet to show Waypoints on the OSD screen? Similar to, what I believe to be Eagletree's OSD.

This reply was deleted.

Activity