Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've just installed the latest config and hex and have a few questions. Or is there a wiki on this?

How to set up RSSI? I have it set to 0-255 and checked RSSI Enable Raw but how do I know what the RSSI min max should be? I'm using ezUFH if that matters.

How does the OSD Toggle Channel work? Is it for toggling between Panel 1 and 2?

How can I turn on/off the OSD display so I just see the video?

Wind Speed doesn't seem to display correctly. In the configurator it displays ws 36kmh and below that is an arrow that I guess indication wind direction but when I use the OSD it displays different. It shows instead of the w/s it shows a different type of arrow smaller than other. Why is it like that?

Battery voltage and %. I'm using a 4S setup and have 9 volts coming from BEC that is powering my video setup. I don't want to use a 3S for the video so am using BEC @9v instead. How can I monitor my main voltage this way? Right now it's just reading 10.08V. I thought I set my BEC to 9V but anyway I need to see the actual battery voltage and not the BEC's voltage. Is there a way I can get that from mavlink?
  • Hello to everyone!

We have just released an new version of the firmware and Configuration Tool. The main news are the added CH 5 for screen change as possible selection. We have also added the function Andke have requested (rotation switching by a momentary channel). We have also changed the video mode. No more automatic standard detection! Now you can set standard in configuration tool (using video mode menu). Osd will always start up as you set it.

You can find the new version here

Enjoy it!! And please give feedback!

Pedro

• no, wind worked fine before the wet, salty day.  (the old wire harness did not connect TX from OSD to anything)

- and I did not select any info that I did not had before (no WP or RSSI)

• I am using MinimOSD Extra 2.0.4 Pre Release Version r154 + Arduplane 2.60

It works, but seems to require both RX&TX pin connected to APM, this means I cannot have telemetry at the same time..

is this by design ?

• Just made a version that defaults to NTSC. It is here: Link

Also made ch5 usable, but as we are thinking to use Andkes idea is not in this release yet.

(if you download source you can use it already)

Gábor

• -flashed MinimOSD Extra 2.0.4 Pre Release Version r154.hex

-saved all tabs with my own config.(attached) - using 2.0.4.0 tool.

- still, each boot it complains about old config, and displays fine, except the warning line is in wrong position, behind horizon.

- the config loads and displays correctly in the config tool.

ok1.30.osd

• Just uploaded 2.0.4 pre. - looks good.

Why is there no option for ch5 to be used as toggle ?

- would search this thread, but this forum system is too simple to allow to do that.

• I turned first the cam on: then wasn't need reset. This is ok. I puted the home altitude, but didn't show on monitor. Move to another place: nothing. And the letter is too big. How I reduce? See the picture

osd 4.jpg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692507278?profile=original
  • I tested in another TV too... some thing!

• I did fly 2.03 yesterday.

Found a bug on screen change.

So we started to work on it with Pedro last night. 

Fixed the bug, and also added my old tune pane.

Link

Enjoy

This reply was deleted.

Activity